Receiving passes for class travel is simple. Just check your account.
In early 2016, Ram Van began issuing digital class travel passes to qualifying students. This automated process uses your current course schedule to assign passes on a weekly basis. Carefully consider the below information prior to registration.
Passes will be automatically issued to qualified students on Wednesday mornings.
- If you are a resident in Fordham housing, and are currently enrolled in a class at an alternate campus, then you are eligible to receive free passes.
- If you are a commuter student, and are currently enrolled in classes at more than one campus simultaneously, then you are eligible to receive free passes.
- Note: If you do not live in Fordham housing you are considered a commuter student, regardless of the proximity of your residence to any campus.
- Passes are assigned using the student’s home campus as the departure point.
- For resident students, the home campus is determined by the location of their residence
- For commuter students, home campus is determined entirely by their school of enrollment.
Using Your Digital Pass
- Log in to our online reservation system using this link. You can also access the reservation system via our main website or the official Fordham app (available for iOS and Android).
- Your available passes, used passes, and active reservations should appear on the main page.
Using your pass is simple. Please see this brief video for a demonstration:
If you have examined the qualifications above and feel you are eligible for free travel, and have verified that passes have not been added to your account, please submit the Pass Request Form at this link. Disputes will take 2-4 days to process, during which students are responsible for their own travel. If an error is found, the student will be reimbursed for any Ram Van expenses following the submission of the form. Receipts must be provided for reimbursement.