One of Fordham’s most unique offerings is the student-operated Intercampus Shuttle, commonly known as the Ram Van. The Department of University Transportation operates the Ram Van, which travels between Fordham’s Rose Hill and Lincoln Center campuses.
If you’re new to Fordham, read on for the most important information about Ram Van and how you can take advantage.
- Ram Van service between Rose Hill and Lincoln Center generally begins early in the morning and goes up until at least midnight. Vans usually depart both campuses every 30 minutes.
- Schedules change depending on the day of the week and time of the year. Please see our official schedule for exact details.
- Vans arrive and depart from Lincoln Center from the corner of Columbus (9th) and West 60th Street.
- Vans arrive and depart from Rose Hill right outside the Ram Van Office, which is located on the ground floor of the parking garage.
- Tickets are $3.50 each way and can be purchased via ticket machines located in Lincoln Center’s Lowenstein building lobby, or in our office at the Rose Hill campus, on the ground floor of the parking garage.
- Please make sure to purchase a ticket before riding, as the drivers are not allowed to accept cash.
- Students meeting certain requirements, including those who need to take the Ram Van for classes or internships may be eligible for free passes. Please visit our pass information section to see if you are eligible.
- Save your seat! Make sure you reserve your seat on the van ahead of time by signing up via our online reservation system. If you’re new to this system, it’s easy! Check out our quick tutorial and you’ll be good to go in a few minutes.
- Plan ahead! Without traffic, vans typically take just over 30 minutes to reach their destination. However, during rush hour, vans can take upwards of 60 minutes in transit. Because New York City Traffic is unpredictable, please plan accordingly. To be safe, we recommend always take a van departing 1.5 hours before your ideal arrival time when traveling between 4pm and 7pm (rush hour), and taking a van departing 1 hour before your ideal arrival time at all other times.
- Holiday travel with Ram Van! Ram Van offers inexpensive, reliable shuttle service to JFK International airport, LaGuardia airport, Penn Station and the Port Authority Bus Terminal. Airport shuttles are $20 and Penn Station/Port Authority shuttles are $10.